Sunday, October 10, 2010

I have an internship at an urban farm in Brooklyn

...and you can read about it here!

Today I helped clear away twigs and tree branches that will be chipped for mulch. It was so nice getting my hands dirty again!

My first task is to help with coordinating communication about a fundraising/awareness event we are having Oct. 30. There's a soup cook-off, a bakesale, facepainting and more.

I am really looking forward to being involved with the development of a new urban farm. It will be a great way to learn about gardening here, and I will get the opportunity to feel really engaged in my new community!

Over the past few weeks as I began school I have been inspired to share what I'm learning, so check back again soon--I'm finally writing again!

In the meantime, be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment